Import .csv file for Digilent in LabVIEW

VARSHA AMALE

Question

17 answers to this question

Hi Attila,

Thanks for the information. Actually the point is I have installed "Digital Waveforms Toolkit" for pattern generator in LabVIEW. But I want to read the data from .csv file and display on Waveforms software using that toolkit. And in Digital waveforms toolkit, I'm not getting any option to import .csv file. Please help me on this that how can I get to import file in Digital Waveforms toolkit for pattern generator.

Hi @VARSHA AMALE

The Toolkit VIs do not support digital pattern generator.
For low rate software toggling you could eventually use the Digital VIs. See the manual for more detail.

You could also use the WF SDK DigitalOut functions but this would be more work in LabView. See the SDK manual and Python examples.

23 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @VARSHA AMALE

The Toolkit VIs do not support digital pattern generator.
For low rate software toggling you could eventually use the Digital VIs. See the manual for more detail.

You could also use the WF SDK DigitalOut functions but this would be more work in LabView. See the SDK manual and Python examples.

Hi Attila, our requirement is to generate 2-bit data synchronized with 1Mhz clock using labview. We have a total of about 100M data samples. Is this possible to implement with Analog discover 2 on labview? Also, we checked digital IO example code "Digilent_Waveforms_Digital (DIG).vi" for pattern generation, but we couldn't find a way to access inbuilt 16K buffers for each output pin. Let me know if this is the correct application to be used. I referred the link below for digital IO code example.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Analog-Discovery-Student/Getting-Started-with-LabVIEW-and-Analog-Discovery-2-NI-Edition/ta-p/3553508?profile.language=en

Edited by VARSHA AMALE

@VARSHA AMALE,

It looks like our spam filter caught you for whatever reason (don't know why you got flagged since you have legitimately posted multiple times) but I'll put the reply you were attempting to post for your convenience:

22 hours ago, attila said:
Hi @VARSHA AMALE
It is not supported by AD2.
The Digital Discovery provides Play mode which is also available from SDK see the DigitalDiscovery_PlayRecord.py example

Ok Attila. I'll check for DigitalDiscovery_PlayRecord.py. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello Experts

I am using Digital Discover HW and not able to see how i can import a csv file to load the contents of csv file into pattern. There is no option in File drop down menu to import a csv file.

Please suggest if there is any option for same

Thanks,

Jalaj

Thank You, so i am trying to think what will change in commands if i have toggle Chip select or not toggle chip select. Where exactly it is being controlled

Also, what is the difference between read and write command and how it is implemented. Usually with read, we give address to be read and for write, its register address and data. i understand, it will depend on how slave understand the master. But how read and write functions in SPI protocol GUI

REgards

Jalaj

Hello

I was also wondering if there is any option in any Digilent Hardware (Pattern Generator) by which i can send 1M bit patterns on 10 digital lines. 

Right now i see 32Ki only for each channel. I am looking for 1M for each channel.

Please suggest

Thanks,

Jalaj

pattern.PNG

Edited by JAlaj
added details

Hi @JAlaj,

The Digital Discovery is hardware limited to 32 Ki samples/channel for the Pattern generator. You can do multiple patterns in a row to get a larger pattern, as mentioned in this thread:

Or you also could use the Play function inside the Logic analyzer which will have access to larger buffers:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks I will try it but my only concern here is i have to modify the pattern file (which is receive from verification guys), break it may be and i want to avoid that so that i do not disturb the pattern.

Is there a plan in future to increase the memory available as of today

Regards,

Jalaj