PMOD AD2 interface with atlys (Xilinx Spartan-6 LX45 FPGA) board.

Gopal Krishna

Question

Hello

Recently I have purchased Digilent PMOD AD2

I want to interface PMOD AD2 with my Xilinx Spartan-6 LX45 FPGA board. For conversion of analog signal into digital format. 

Could you please help me to do this. 

should I have to write HDL code of I2C? 

what is maximum speed of operation of PMOD AD2?

--

Thank you

Gopal Krishna

1 answer to this question

Digilent has support for the PMOD AD2 in the vivado-library repository in GitHub. This may or may not be useful as is, but there is source code to work from. It's always a good idea to check out current Digilent support for it's PMODs. Not all PMODs have any support. The Digilent PMOD AD2 product site here: https://reference.digilentinc.com/pmod/pmodad2/start also has links to other project sources, such as those by ADI. ADI has good FPGA support for a number of its products suitable for Linux hosts.

You should get the datasheet for the AD7991 from the Analog Devices and read through it even if you don't intend on doing substantial HDL development on your own. It's always a good idea to understand how your hardware works and what its limitations are.

In general demos and other available published project code for particular hardware has limited usability for user applications unless you are prepared to do some HDL work.

Edited by zygot