AD2 waveform generator cannot exceed 4.42V

Saffi

Question

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my AD2 board where the waveform generator cannot output a voltage higher than 4.42V. I've tried calibrating the low and high gain waveform generator, however it doesn't help. I confirmed the voltage using my digital multimeter as well as the oscilloscope. 

I've tested the DC power supply, and it is able to reach 5V. I've attached a screenshot below showing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need this board for my electrical engineering labs, and I am currently very stressed as the deadline is only 1 week away. 

image.thumb.png.f7261f8fc3982ccb9a3324dfb6897d13.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @Saffi,

I'm moved your thread to a more appropriate section of the Forum where the engineer most familiar with the circuitry on the Analog Discovery 2 will be able to see and respond to your question.

Could you also provide a screenshot of your Wavegen settings? I imagine that it is set to the standard 5V sine wave, but it won't hurt to verify.

Additionally, when you are measuring the Wavegen output voltage, I presume you are directly connecting W1 (solid yellow wire) to the solid orange wire (1+, the positive channel 1 oscilloscope input)? Similarly, when you measured the output voltage with a DMM, you directly connected to it and there isn't any extra passive components?

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived