FPGA recommendation

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

HI
I am working as a research fellow in London south bank university and am working on designing hearing aids. The algorithm is complete and is implemented on Matlab and TI's DSK6713 DSP Kit. Now I want to design its hard ware starting from its FPGA design and then IC design. The algorithm is a 32 bit flaoting point algorithm. I need an FPGA development board with audio input and output, good ADC and DAC. I'll be thank full if you can recommend a suitable FPGA evaluation board compatible with windows 7 and above.

Thanks

The response is below.

6 answers to this question

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, jpeyron said:

Hello,

There are a few different ways you can go. For some clarification are you wanting to use micoblaze or are you doing a bare hdl design.

thank you,

Jon

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, Alex said:

Perhaps, you can try Zedboard. 

http://store.digilentinc.com/zedboard-zynq-7000-arm-fpga-soc-development-board/

Can you tell us what you meant by good ADC, DAC and audio output? It will be great if you can list the spec.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I need the board with microphone input with a 32 bit analogue to digital converter. Most of the board comes with 24 bit analogue to digital converter as the one you suggested

There is FPGA fabric in the Zedboard

Configurable Logic Blocks (CLB) • Look-up tables (LUT) • Flip-flops • Cascadeable adders 36 Kb Block RAM • True Dual-Port • Up to 72 bits wide • Configurable as dual 18 Kb block RAM DSP Blocks • 18 x 25 signed multiply • 48-bit adder/accumulator • 25-bit pre-adder

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds190-Zynq-7000-Overview.pdf

For pure FPGA architecture, you can consider Nexys Video or Genesys 2. 

If you want 32 bits ADC, you may need to buy FMC card or and ADC to connect with FMC slot. 

Archived