Arty A7 Development board Question

Darevice

Question

Good afternoon. I was hoping to learn what the operation temperatures would be for the Arty A7-100 and the Arty A7-35. I am looking for a board that is able to withstand high temperatures (>40C) with some insulation. 

Thank you for your time

4 answers to this question

I don't think you will find a board-level answer. That is because each component mounted on it (the FPGA itself, the LEDs, the DDR and so on) all have their own operational temperatures. Therefore, the way to go is to figure out what components you need in your application and then go through each datasheet and determine whether they could withstand the conditions required by your application.

4 hours ago, aaq said:

I don't think you will find a board-level answer. That is because each component mounted on it (the FPGA itself, the LEDs, the DDR and so on) all have their own operational temperatures. Therefore, the way to go is to figure out what components you need in your application and then go through each datasheet and determine whether they could withstand the conditions required by your application.

I am Specifically looking at the board itself. I will have external components working that have the rating that I would desire. I am just looking for a board that will be able to function at that temperature such that It will be able to stay connected to the external components. I also have the FPGA's operating temperature as well. Thank you, but I really need the board's operating temperature.

Hi @Darevice,

@aaq is correct in that we do not have an overall board level answer for you (there are some similar questions elsewhere on the forum here, here, and here).

As with our other boards, the Arty A7 (both variants) were designed with commercial grade products that operate in the 0 to 70 deg Celsius temperature range, and are designed to be used in a laboratory setting rather than an industrial setting.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived