Raspberry Pi w/ pmod oled display

PortAxe

Question

Hi, I want to connect the pmod oled display to my raspberry pi, but I'm not really getting the hang of how I should wire it. If someone can explain where to plug in each pin and how to code it that would be great.

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Hi @PortAxe,

Digilent doesn't have any specific material for the Pmod OLED for the Raspberry Pi. There is a Pmod HAT adapter available that does have some Pmod software support from DesignSpark and RS Components, which does have a library example for the Pmod OLEDrgb. The main SPI pins (including the two chip select pins) are present on GPIO 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 on the 40 pin Raspberry Pi header.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin,

unfortunately my PMOD OLEDrgb isn't working :-(

Is there any

1. SIMPLE
  2. Raspi
  3. C++

Test code for it?

Can it be that you mention in your answer above the wrong Pins ? I have 10,11,12,13,14 as it is an SPI device and not I2C ...

Thanks

/Jesko

Hi @Jesko,

What board are you using?

The pins I listed out are specifically for the raspberry PI header. The pins you listed (10-13 anyways) would be for an Arduino styled header. There is some Arduino styled code on the Pmod OLEDrgb Resource Center, https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/pmod/pmodoledrgb/start.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived