zybo z7-20 documentation

nitish.moheeputh

Question

Hi,

I have been looking for a complete documentation reguarding the zybo z7-20 board but without any success. I need a documentation where i can see also how to set up the I/O in the XDC constraints file. Will be very helpful if you could drop me the link. Also, when i turn the board off and restart it, it reset itself to factory default and i can't really program it permanently, i tried to program it in the three different modality and also entered the memory info but then i do not know what file to upload in the configuration memory device.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

Hi @nitish.moheeputh,

After powering down the Zybo Z7 the FPGA/ZYNQ configuration in JTAG mode from either the HW manager or SDK  will be lost.  You will need to create a BOOT.BIN file as described in this older tutorial for the Zedboard here and load it into either the QSPI Flash or and SD card in the root file. The mode jumper JP5 will need to be appropriately set as shown in the reference manual here

best regards,

Jon

On 5/6/2019 at 11:45 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @nitish.moheeputh,

After powering down the Zybo Z7 the FPGA/ZYNQ configuration in JTAG mode from either the HW manager or SDK  will be lost.  You will need to create a BOOT.BIN file as described in this older tutorial for the Zedboard here and load it into either the QSPI Flash or and SD card in the root file. The mode jumper JP5 will need to be appropriately set as shown in the reference manual here

best regards,

Jon

Hi Jon,

thank you for the responce also where can i find the documentation of the pins to be defined in the XDC  file as in the reference manual for example there are no the switches clocks and leds pins.

One more question, i want to configure an HDMI output but i can't find anything for the zynq  z720

Archived