zybo zynq-7000 SD boot

Brain

Question

Hello,

I followed a few tutorials online and was able to boot a hello world project from an SD card. 

Is possible to Boot a project without going to SDK, my project is mainly hardware so it is only in the PL side of the board. 

I tried to do it with the XADC demo but I couldn't figure it out.

3 answers to this question

I am able to program the board through QSPI Flash and I am correctly moving the MODE jumper.

I think my problem is in the MIO configuration when i double click on the zynq processor block. Are there any other forums, information, or tutorials on how to adjust the ports for SD0 or SD1?

Hi @Brain,

Make sure you are using the Digilent Zybo board files when creating a Vivado project. The Digilent board files becomes the default configuration for the ZYNQ processor (correctly configures the Zynq processor) when you run block automation in the block design among other things.  

Here is the Zybo resource center. We do not have a tutorial on configuring the ZYNQ processor.  The ZYNQ Book link on the Zybo resource center would be a good reference as well as the Zynq-7000 SoC Design Hub for configuring the ZYNQ processor.

To boot a working project from the on-board SD Card my understanding is that you need to have the SD card formatted to FAT32.  Then convert the project to a  BOOT.BIN file as described in the Zedboard programming tutorial linked above. Next place the BOOT.BIN into the root folder of the SD card. As long as the Zybo is set to SD card then a working BOOT.BIN File should boot from the SD Card without an issue. 

best regards,

Jon

Archived