Pynq-Z1 board layout dimensions

Matheus

Question

Hi, I got a Pynq-Z1 board and I want to make a shield to connect at arduino's and chipKit's pins, but I can't find the board's doc with layout dimension. I found the 3D pdf model, but I can't measure the dimensions that I need. Where could I find it, or could you please send it to me?

Thank you,

Matheus Alexandre

6 answers to this question

Thank you, for replying. I'm looking for the arduino and chipKit headers distances, the distance between J4, J2, J3, J1, J5, J7 and J6 headers. I had already downloaded 3D model but I couldn't measure the distances when it was opened with adobe.

Thank you,

Matheus Alexandre

Hi @Matheus,

I apologize for the confusion; I'm pretty sure both Jon and I expected the model to a .stl or .obj rather than an Adobe document. I took a look and I believe you can view the measurements as per the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/measuring-3d-objects-pdfs.html#measuring_preferences, though unfortunately I don't know what the scale conversion is between the Adobe "Model units" and a more useful unit is. I'll look to see if I can find out these details for the model for you.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi again @Matheus,

In addition to what @jpeyron found I did end up finding a model for the Pynq Z1 as well. It is not finalized in the sense that it is not colored and doesn't have a lot of the small components shown, but the all of the headers are present. It is now available in the Pynq-Z1 Resource Center on the right hand side under "Physical".

Thanks<
JColvin

Archived