Multisim won't export PLD for NEXYS4DDR, it won't detect

LJC

Question

I recently purchased 13 NEXYS 4 DDR FPGA boards.  I have experience with multiple FPGA boards.  I have tried multiple tutorials and I cannot interface with them.  I have  tried multiple boards on Windows 7 and Windows 10, with different cables.  I am using Multisim 12.0 along with the correct config files that I have placed in the pld_config folder, and I have tried using multiple versions of Vivado (2014, 2015 and 2017).  I have tried 5 different computers,  I cannot get any one of the 13 boards to connect and be able to download to them.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I am at a loss.  My multisim creates .BIT files for other FPGA boards just fine.  I just can't things working with this particular board.  Any answers?

4 answers to this question

Hi @LJC,

Looking at this White Paper from National Instruments, it does not appear that the Nexys 4 DDR is listed in the compatiblilty list with Multisim. This older post on an NI Forum thread seems to confirm this as well. It appears though that in step 5 of this Instructable that there is a work-around to add this compability, though I have never tried this for myself.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @LJC,

That's unfortunate to hear; I'll make a comment on the tutorial to let the creator know. Beyond that, I know that Digilent only has the 14.0 version of Multisim that we sell for NI, but I personally have not used it and when I asked some of my co-workers, they were not aware of any work-arounds or other methods that successfully added additional board functionality to Multisim beyond what was already built-in to it. I did find some tutorials on NI's website that added new components to the Multisim library, but I would not attempt this, nor do I think it appropriately addresses, for adding the Nexys 4 DDR .

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @LJC,

I heard back from the creator of the Instructable; they let me know that the work around was just for 14.0 and was apparently one of the improvement features of a sort for 14.0 that previous versions (including 12.0) did not support.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived