chipKIT wi-fire not working with web server demo

athman8

Question

Hi,I just purchased an ChipKIT Wi-Fire and wanted to test it out. I also have a ChipKIT WF32 that works well.to test the Wi-Fire I took the deWebIOServer code from the instructable "Controlling a WF32 from a Computer". This works well with the WF32 but when I try it on the Wi-Fire, it fails to initialize the SD card reader but connects to the network. I placed the same card in both units (one after the other) and there is nothing wrong with the "Kingston 32GB SD HC"

2 answers to this question

Hi @athman8,

I have split your post off into it's own thread. I've personally have only used the deWebIOServer with the WF32, so I will try it with the Wi-FIRE and let you know what I find since it sounds like you are doing everything correctly.

What revision of the Wi-FIRE do you have?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @athman8,

I was able to get a Rev C of the Wi-FIRE to successfully the deWebIOServer demo using the same SD card that I had been using for the WF32 with no changes. Do you happen to have another SD card that you could try on the Wi-FIRE to confirm that it does not mount correctly?

Additionally, what are you using to upload the code onto the board? I am using the Arduino IDE (version 1.8.5) with the Digilent Core (version 1.0.4).

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived