Waveform SDK Runtime Help

rayjay

Question

Wrote an application that uses the api supplied with the waveforms sdk, (dwf.dll). Also did a wrapper so I can communicate to it from a VB application.

All works well now but unfortunately I have to have the waveform sdk installed on my target machine for the dwf.dll to function. I see it depends on a bunch of dll's supplied by the sdk and also the usb drivers come with the sdk.

My question is "Is it possible to use components of the sdk without having to install the sdk when publishing my application? Also which components would I need for example the runtime folder?

I am pretty new at integrating third party api. thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hi @rayjay

On target machine for your application it is suffice to install the WF runtime and Adept runtime. These are included in the WF installer for Windows.

The WF runtime can be bundled:
- copy the dwf.dll next to your application from: C:\Windows\System32\ or C:\Windows\SysWOW32\
  This depending on your application architecture, 32 or 64bit version. For VB this might depend on the installed Office architecture...
- copy the Config folder next to the dll from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digilent\WaveForms\
but there is still need for the installation of Adept runtime (includes USB drivers) and MS Visual C runtime.
...so I think it is easier to install the WF.

Archived