Voucher with Purchase of Zybo-z7-20.

Newport_j

Question

I have a voucher that I got when I bought the Digilent Zybo-Z-20 from Digilent directly. My question is when do i use it? The voucher. It came with the hardware in the box. 

It has some instructions on how to use it. But it does not say when. to use it. If you install the Vivado software there is a point where it tells how to get a free license to use the software.

If that is the case what is the need for the voucher? Vivado says the license is free. 

I am installing the Windows version of Vivado, but I think that the Linux version suits me better. It is installed in roughly the same way? Can I use the license on both the the Windows and Linux version of am I able to use it on only one operating system. Linux is just much more familiar to me.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Newport_j

1 answer to this question

Hi @Newport_j,

The SDSoC voucher is for one of Xilinx's other products, the SDSoC Environment. It is separate from the Vivado Design Suite, though from my understanding it can be used in conjunction with Vivado. In terms of licensing, my understanding is that once you activate the voucher (you don't have to do it right away, you can activate next year if you prefer), you will have one year to download SDSoC from Xilinx, including the ability to download new versions as they are released during that same year.

After the year is up, you will not be able to download new versions of the SDSoC Environment without purchasing it or gaining access to a new voucher. However, you will be able to use whatever version is installed on your machine without any restrictions.

I'm not able to speak towards the Windows vs Linux version differences, but my understanding is that the voucher gets you a device locked version of SDSoC, so you would only be able to install it on one machine.

If you have further questions about SDSoC in terms of how to install it and examples for it, I would recommend looking at the documentation Xilinx provides for it on their website here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/software-zone/sdsoc.html#documentation.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived