ChipKit DP32 Sample/Demo/Tut Code

GertJL

Question

Hi All,

I recently purchased a ChipKit DP32 platform

Before embarking on any coding, is there any sample/demo code / tutorials available for this platform.

My interest is ADC coding for the PiC32MX250F128B (as on the DP32)

I intend to use the  MPLAB.X  IDE platform.

Thank you.

Gerhard

4 answers to this question

Hi Gerhard,

The crystal used does run at 8 MHz, but the onboard PIC32 uses a divider (at least it's set to use one in MPIDE) to bring up the sysclk frequency to 40 MHz. 

If you're using mplab, you'll want to follow the advice on this microchip thread to get the 40 MHz clock frequency (at least from my understanding).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear GertJL,

We don't have any demos for the DP32 but one of our other interns here has made an Instructable about getting started with the DP32. It'll be very helpful to get you started with this board. I also searched for the DP32 on the Chipkit forums. You can look through there and see if they have any helpful material. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Bobby

Hi Gerhard,

I'm not sure if you saw this or not, but since you mentioned wanted to use MPLAB I wanted to give you a heads up.

The DP32 is also fully compatible with the advanced Microchip MPLAB® IDE. To develop embedded applications using MPLAB, a separate device programmer/debugger, such as the Digilent chipKIT PGM or the Microchip PICkit3™ is required.

Archived