Phase Shift between Sinusoids

Marcus

Question

I am new to this forum and did not know it existed. I have a series parallel curcuit with resistor, inductor and capacitor. RLC CIrcuit. I am connected the two scopes at two different points in the circuit. What I was wondering is if there is a way to find the phase shift difference between two sinusoids. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you. 

4 answers to this question

You can use Network Analyzer (Bode) of the released WaveForms v2 which can be found under More instruments.

You could also use the Scope interface in WaveForms v3 which supports custom measurements. The default loaded script in Scope/Measure/Add/Global is exactly a phase calculation.

So I downloaded the software and tried it. I connected a capacitor and inductor on my breadboard. WHen I tried to set the frequency, it seems as though it was trying to set it to channel 1 only. Is there a way to set it so that whatever I set the amplitude and frequency to, that is for the whole circuit. Also, is there a way to have both the sinusoids on one screen instead on two different screens. Because of the fact I could not seem to acquire the amplitude and frequency on the system as a whole, I could not get a phase shift. Can someone help me with this please? THank you

Archived