Adept SDK C# Library

dietfig

This is a little DLL I wrote using C++ Interop in Visual Studio to pull some of the functions from the Adept SDK into C#. I'm posting it here in the hopes this is useful to someone else. It's pretty rough as I am absolutely not a Windows developer and I make no guarantees as to how well it is written and/or works (it does do what I need it to do :P). Only supports basic DEPP functions as that's all I needed, other functions shouldn't be too hard to add at this point. Released under the BSD license.

https://bitbucket.org/orslmontana/digilent-adept-clr-dll/

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a C# solution to interface .NET applications with the Adept2 Utilities. I have been reviewing how the non-managed Adept2 utilities are implemented especially wrt. the way structures are passed and how fields are written.

The structure that is the most problematic is the typedef DVC. It uses a "#pragma pack(16)" compiler directive, however, the DTP (dtp) information is not coming back as expected. At first it appears as it is coming back Big Endean; however, When I restrict the byte array to a "16 byte" boundary, the dtp information in nonsensical.

Does someone have better insight to the internals of dmgr.h that explains this better? 

Dvc.cs

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I've tried TestAdeptDLL project from the solution.

Doesn't work: namespace Digilent isn't recognized (directive using Digilent;) and consequently the types that are apparently defined in this namespace (e.g. AdeptDeppDevice) also aren't recognized.

Any comments ?

Thanks

On 12/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, Pavel_47 said:

namespace Digilent isn't recognized (directive using Digilent;)

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the product, but I suspect that you need to add some DLL library to the project.

In Visual studio, open the "solution explorer

Right-click "references", "add", locate the DLL. The easiest way might be to a similar example project, open the "references" tab, locate the reference and copy its path.

Maybe someone else can give more specific directions.

... maybe one random observation: I've witnessed in the past that "JTAG & friends" was badly underestimated in the project plan etc. It may be completely invisible as long as I stay on the well-trodden path, but there's swamp on the left and quicksand on the right...

It seems no coincidence that consultants apparently earn good money on the topic.

2 hours ago, xc6lx45 said:

It seems no coincidence that consultants apparently earn good money on the topic.

Except for those posting here.... but one thing common to all who off advice, at any price, is that their efforts are likely to result in resentment rather than gratitude.... Unless it's on a scam topic... CMM Anyone?

In case anyone is unaware of this. DEPP is relevant to the older Digilent boards ( ATLYS, GENESYS) using the Cypress FX2 USB endpoint solution for asynchronous communication. All of their newer boards use (sigh!!!) FTDI USB endpoint devices. I suspect that the posted DLL is of little use to very many people.

Archived