cmods6 pinS

jvalls

Question

Hi everybody,

thing is that im totally new with the fpga and i choosed this platform quality price i guess for a begginner

i have arrived to plan ahead and check the web looking for this i/o. I dont know how to continue, i would like to assign these input entries.

the project is a simply AND.

thanks amigos!

cmods6.png

4 answers to this question

@jvalls,

You picked a good platform.  I love my CMod-S6.  It has taught me to appreciate every logic unit on the board.  You can see what I did with mine here: a home-made CPU running a fully multi-tasking O/S!

I personally never used the I/O planner.  I instead found the master UCF file and edited it for my own purposes.  (I must be crusty--I trust text files that I can edit over anything I can point-and-click with a mouse).  For the most part, all I ever did was to change the names of the pins I wanted to use and commented pins I wasn't using.  You may need to use the schematic to trace the pins from their I/O connections all the way to the FPGA names used in the UCF file.  It can be annoying, but it's quite doable.

Hope this helps,

Dan

D@n

helps! i have found this ufc and after opened i can check it

should i have to choose anything in "Device"? or anywhere? i can assing like entries these P8 and P9 buttons but is not possible to assign a led out to output_1 , there´s no option in site menu to assign.

otherwise i will try to find more information in ise documentation 

thanks a lot for help!

jvalls

Hi @jvalls,

I do not have experience using plan ahead. I used ise with hdl and ucf. Here is a PlanAhead Tutorial from xilinx and user guide that should be helpful.  Here is the resource center for the Cmod S6 which has the ucf, reference manual, schematic and the OOB demo. Here is the digilent learn for digital logic for some basic fpga information. I would also suggest looking a fpga4fun.com as well.

thank you,

Jon

Archived