I recently purchased the OpenScope MZ. I've already reviewed the brief spec sheet but I still have some questions:

1. What are the power requirements of the board? I'm going to be designing a PCB that powers it and I need to know

2. Where can I get a full schematic of the board?

3. Is there a way to get the board to automatically configure itself into a specific wifi network upon startup? I'm trying to get it working on a mobile battery powered system and that functionality would greatly affect my and my company's future use of the product

Cheers,

Jim

Hi @LLCOOLJAMES,

Here is the resource center which has a schematic under design resources. I have not worked with the openscope mz  but it looks like the Wifi Setup covers auto-connect by default. I do not know the power requirements but one of the engineers that regularly cover this section should be able to give this information to you,

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

Thanks for the tips. Seems like I'm able to get the auto-connect to work sometimes and the schematic has proven quite helpful. Additional questions while we wait for Digilent's gurus to get back to me on power supply specs.

One more question I thought of is: is it possible to save OpenScope MZ's GPIO settings i.e. I always want pins 0-7 to always be outputs and pins 8 and 9 to be inputs.

Cheers,

Jim

Not sure about power supply specs. Someone else will have to comment.

For the GPIO settings, what do you mean by save? Right now WaveForms Live will load the current device settings and will properly display which channels are set as input / output / logic analyzer. If you mean between OpenScope power cycles, you will have to manually set them each time since the OpenScope goes back to its default state (tri-state). You may be able to edit the firmware which is available on GitHub, but note that it is not the latest and it is also very complex. If you want to do this, let us know and we'll update the firmware on GitHub.

-Dharsan

Archived