Small Computer/OS for the AD2

Old Printer

Question

I have been keeping an eye on the RPi thread for Waveforms 2015 but as of the end of the year 2017 nothing has changed.

As many have said, getting these two to play nice together would be a wonderful thing. I run my AD2, which I love, on my bench win7 pc and a clunky old Gateway xp machine. Since the RPi is out for the foreseeable future, what else is anyone running an AD on using minimal space/cost. Some form of LINUX ok, discrete monitor/keyboard/mouse. is there a list of what CPU's & OS's are adequate to get good perfrmance from the AD2/Waveforms package? Would love it to run on my Ipad but that's' not happening. Is there a forum here or on another site where this subject might be better addressed? Thanks, Dave

4 answers to this question

On 13 December 2017 at 2:44 AM, attila said:

Hi @Old Printer

I have successfully used Analog Discovery (1,2) with following Linux ARMs: BeagleBone, Digilent ZED and Zybo.
Today I updated Linux and the FTDI library on the RaspberryPI 2 but the AD is still not working, USB data bytes or packets seem to be randomly lost.

Attila, Happy Holidays and thank you for the prompt response, as usual! I will look into some of these alternatives for the Rpi.

On 23 December 2017 at 3:24 PM, M_VdM said:

Hi @Old Printer

RPi support is still dead in the water ... but there is a VIABLE ALTERNATIVE !!!

I can confirm the findings of forum user @agaelema: it works fine on an Orange Pi PC plus.

See this Forum Post for all the details: Using Digilent Analog Discovery in Orange Pi PC PLus

Merry Christmas !

Hi M_VdM, And Merry Christmas to you as well!  Thank you for the information, I am unaware of the Orange Pi, but will surely look into it!

Archived