Usign multiple oledrgb with nexys4 ddr

fLx

Question

Hi everyone, please can anybody help me out on how to use multiple oledrgb on nexys4 ddr board...i'v done my block design and i'v assigned all the pin to the appropriate pmod port that i want to plug them to ....going by the digilent example i'v only been able to write to only one oledrgb on portJA, please is it possible for me to write to multiple oledrgb connected to the nexys4 ddr board.....say for instance 4 oledrgb's connected to JA,JB,JC,and JD..

4 answers to this question

Hi @flexible111,

What happens when you try to connect just one Pmod OLEDrgb to either JB,JC or JD? Can you please provide error messages and screen shots of block design as well as the main.c code in sdk. Can you provide your project?  In theory, you should be able to connect multiple Pmod OLEDrgb's to a single fpga board. 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @flexible111,

You posted this forum thread in the embedded linux sub-section. Are you using petalinux? We have not ran multiple Pmod OLEDrgb's on one board before but it shouldn't be to difficult. You will need to alter the main.c file. You will need to instantiate multiple structs. Something like: "PmodOLEDrgb oledrgb, oledrgb1, oledrgb2, oledrgb3;".

You will also need to call functions like  OLEDrgb_begin multiple times with the different struct variable as well as different xparameters variables.I.E.

OLEDrgb_begin(&oledrgb, XPAR_PMODOLEDRGB_0_AXI_LITE_GPIO_BASEADDR,
         XPAR_PMODOLEDRGB_0_AXI_LITE_SPI_BASEADDR);

OLEDrgb_begin(&oledrgb1, XPAR_PMODOLEDRGB_1_AXI_LITE_GPIO_BASEADDR,
         XPAR_PMODOLEDRGB_1_AXI_LITE_SPI_BASEADDR);

Then in the demo run function to use different Pmod OLEDrgb just use different pmodOLEDrgb structs I.E.  "OLEDrgb_SetCursor(&oledrgb1, 2, 1);"

cheers,

Jon

Archived