Understanding edk demo of flash memory and DDR2 controller configuration

takieddine

Question

I downloaded the demo project of configuring SPI flash and DDR2 memories controllers from this link https://reference.digilentinc.com/_media/atlys/atlys/atlys_mantest3_initmemtest_clean.zip, I would like to use the two controllers for my own application, the problem is the project is not associated with a documentation that explains the steps required for testing the peripherals of the system, can you please guide of how to test the two components mnetioned above ?

3 answers to this question

Hi @takieddine,

In the reference manual here in section 2.4 it describes how to test the DDR2 and Flash. For the project you linked above I would look in the folder Atlys_ManTest3_InitMemTest_Clean\SDK\SDK_Workspace_35\BIST\src at the files quad_spi_if_0.c, quad_spi_if_0.h , memory.c, bist.h, bist.c. Unfortunately, I have not see any documentation geared toward explaining the steps required for testing the DDR2 and Flash. Is there a specific question about the process used in the bist.c under main?

cheers,

Jon

Hi @takieddine,

Unfortunately, I have not used EDK for design work. I have reached out to my co-workers to see if they have any input for you. Unfortunately we do not have any documentation on using XPS/EDK. Here and here are some tutorials and this pdf :EDK Concepts, Tools, and Techniques A Hands-On Guide to Effective Embedded System Design should help as well. I would also suggest to reach out to Xilinx support as well here.

cheers,

Jon

Archived