Support

karyn

Question

We have the JTAG USB cable with SPI and 
the JTAG software interface. Is this still supported?
I need the correct user manuals for this please.

Trying to find out if we can read the software on our board and copy it to another board.

5 answers to this question

Hi @karyn,

Both the ARV programmer and the Adept 2 software are still available and as far as I am aware being supported. The resource page for the Arv programmer is here which includes a reference manual. The Adept 2 software resource page is here which also includes a reference manual.  What board are you trying to read from?

thank you,

Jon

9 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @karyn,

Both the ARV programmer and the Adept 2 software are still available and as far as I am aware being supported. The resource page for the Arv programmer is here which includes a reference manual. The Adept 2 software resource page is here which also includes a reference manual.  What board are you trying to read from?

thank you,

Jon

We are using one of our own boards that is used for DMX in our Fan product.

We use the Digilent software on it to run a hand held motor controller joystick.

Thanks,

Karyn

Hi @karyn,

I do want to clarify that the Adept 2 software does not support all FPGAs and the AVR programmer does not support all AVR devices.  Adept 2 software is geared toward the FPGA's that Digilent has used in our products and the AVR programmer will program the following AVR devices: AT90USB162,  AT90USB646,  ATmega168,  ATmega2560,  ATmega48,   ATmega64,  ATmega165P,  ATmega88,  ATtiny24, And ATmega64 using the In System Programming (ISP) protocol.

thank you,

Jon

1 hour ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @karyn,

I do want to clarify that the Adept 2 software does not support all FPGAs and the AVR programmer does not support all AVR devices.  Adept 2 software is geared toward the FPGA's that Digilent has used in our products and the AVR programmer will program the following AVR devices: AT90USB162,  AT90USB646,  ATmega168,  ATmega2560,  ATmega48,   ATmega64,  ATmega165P,  ATmega88,  ATtiny24, And ATmega64 using the In System Programming (ISP) protocol.

thank you,

Jon

I understand that. This device we built has worked for a long time. It just has a problem now.

The guy who programmed it doesnt work for us anymore. I cant find the original program

on our computers. I was hoping we could diagnose it and replicate it for other devices.

Thanks,

Karyn

Hi @karyn,

I verified with the creator of the Adept 2 software that you would not be able to read the program on the board using Adept 2. I researched the AVR program and it facilitates a read function as describe in the reference manual here on page 4. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the AVR program. If your board is one of the AVR devices described above you should be able to read the program on flash and have it written to a file on your computer. Then you would be able to program the flash on another AVR device with the file from your current board.

thank you,

Jon

Archived