Pynq barebones echo_server problem

jzsig

Question

Hello All,

I'm having trouble running the Ethernet echo server on my pynq board barebones. I realize that the phy is different than what the example targets, so I changed the link rate in the bsp to fixed 100Mbits and did the same on my PC driver side. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem and telnet still gives an unable to connect when I try 192.168.1.10 7. I'm wondering if maybe it is a board files problem? I am using the files for the Arty Z7 -20, which I thought would be close enough, but maybe some of the Ethernet stuff is wired a little differently?

1 answer to this question

Hi @jzsig,

I had an issue using SDK 2016.4 where when I tried to change the phy_link_speed to 1000Mbps it would set it to 100Mbps. SDK changed all of the speeds I choose to an order of magnitude less than what I choose. I was able to change the phy_link_speed without an issue in Vivado/SKD 2017.2. I was able to complete the project with screen shots attached below. I used the Arty-Z7-20 board files as well. Here is a "Getting started with Zynq servers" for the zybo that can be used for the Arty-Z7 or the QYNQ board. I Used 1000Mbps for the phy_link_speed.

cheers,

Jon

PYNQ_ECHO_4.jpg

PYNQ_ECHO_3.jpg

PYNQ_ECHO_2.jpg

PYNQ_ECHO_1.jpg

Archived