AD2 & Waveforms Reference Question

Old Printer

Question

Hi all, after 2 failed attempts obtaining a working Analog Discovery in the "previously owned" market, I ordered a new AD2 from Mouser and anxiously await it's arrival. I have spent a lot of time in the Documentation area reading all I have time for. Living in Ft. Lauderdale FL, we just went through hurricane Irma. We got through it ok, but I am on my second week without an Internet connection at home, and no end in sight. Is there any way to download the Wiki Reference Manuals for the AD2 & WaveForms for offline use? I have searched for an answer on my own, but so far nothing. Not sure this is the correct place to ask, but I didn't see anything that looked more appropriate. A PDF file would be great, but really any text format would do. I have never tried saving HTML files that intensive. Either that or take my pillow to the local Starbucks :)

Thanks in advance for any help, and please send good karma to my neighbors in the Florida Keys, and Texas too. We lost a little, but many lost everything. Dave the Old Printer

5 answers to this question

Hi @Old Printer

I'm glad to hear that you are well after the storm. Being without internet nowadays is almost like it was being without water 100 years ago...

If I remember right earlier the AD2 manual was available as offline/pdf version but can't find it now. Anyway, this is on one page so it can be downloaded:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/analog-discovery-2/reference-manual

The latest version of WaveForms application manual is in it under Help/Browse or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\WaveForms3\doc\

If you are interested in the WaveForms SDK, the manual and examples can be found under Windows start menu or in install location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\WaveFormsSDK\

Thanks Attila, My AD2 arrived Friday. It installed easily on my new Windows machine here at work ( Win7Pro), no need for any powered usb hubs or other special treatment, plugged it right into the front port. Over the weekend at home I installed it on my old bench desktop, also Win7 Pro, again without and special attention. Just for the heck of it i pulled out an old HP laptop running XP (SP3). That machine is not connected to the internet so I had to download the USB to Serial driver and manually install that. It detected the AD2 just fine. This is my first hands-on with a digital scope and my first experience with any sort of logic analyzer, so I have a lot of learning to do. In the weeks ahead I will be spending a lot of time here in Digilent's Learning Center working through the different exercises. Thank you for everyone's assistance while I worked my way through the 2 used dud devices I tried. I am very happy with my purchase of the new AD2. Even at full retail cost I believe it represents a great value to those interested in learning analog & digital electronics. Dave

Archived