WaveForms - Cursors and cursor data

HansV

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi @HansV

All the instruments and its options, views, cursors, data... are saved/loaded with workspace.
With workspace save as type option (in save file dialog under the file name field) you can choose to save acquisition data or not, this to reduce file size.
You can also have multiple Scope interfaces opened with Ctrl key + Scope button or Scope menu /File/New/Clone|Empty.

Atilla,

Thx for the quick answer, but that is not what I meant; here I positioned the cursors;

59955e0aa7a75_UARTTX-RX.thumb.png.fa39c1da54692f25c3b58006a775d32e.png

and here, after "save as" (with acquisitions) i open the same workspace;

cursor2.thumb.png.960a3a6d2cc1cd1575df5bce23f76158.png

Now only one cursor appears on my coincidental mouse position, I want the cursors on the positions where I saved them in pic 1.

(if its possible)

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Hi @HansV

The "quick measure" you are referring is a dynamic cursor and it is not saved in workspace.
Try using the X Cursors instead. You can use with "X Cursors" panel, to have the values in front, or without this, where the values are shown as tooltip and you can add the cursors from bottom left corner.

i1.thumb.png.a50e2c59f068da0937384add631d0820.png

Hi @D@n

The X cursors can be added from bottom the left corner in Scope, Logic, Spectrum... The values are shown as tooltip and options can be adjusted under each cursor dropdown.
The X Cursor panel can be opened under View menu. This shows the values and cursor options permanently.

Hi @D@n

There are slight differences when running the application on different platforms.
I find Fusion style nicer than GTK on Linux. I'm thinking to make this default for Linux.

WaveForms/Settings/Options or press the gear in bottom-right corner of the window.

i2.png.4d7be8167b9734d28eee24f37dc008e5.png

Archived