Selecting a JTAG Programmer

fred

Hi;

I'm using Debian Linux, ISE and Vivado. Before I buy a JTAG programmer that needs some funky driver, can someone recommend what will be the easiest to set up in Linux for the Zybo? If possible, I'd like to use it on Mimas V2 as well.

I tried  Xilinx Platform Cable USB DLC9G with no success

Thanks

Hi @fred,

Could you clarify what you are asking  "can someone recommend what will be the easiest to set up in Linux for the Zybo?".  In general if you are needing a jtag programmer with the zynq processor I would suggest the JTAG-HS3 here with a reference manual here. I suggest the JTAG-HS3 because the open drain buffer on pin 14 allows debugging software to reset the processor core of Xilinx’s Zynq® platform. Here is a xilinx forum thread about installing the Digilent cable drivers.  I am using a VM with Ubuntu 16.04 / Vivado 2016.4 and I did some thing like this to install the Digilent cable drivers:

cd /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers/

sudo ./install_drivers

Also we also have our Adept 2 Utilities here that might work for your situation as well. 

cheers,

Jon

Archived