Ultrasound/NMR How to store 128-256 pulses in Oscilloscope

greig

Question

The analog discovery 2 has features that make it useful for a cheap ultrasound transmitter and receiver, and even an NMR/MRI receiver. The present SCOPE in waveforms only has up to 100 buffers.  Essentially, I want to a trigger to cause acquisition of a pulse lasting a few 100 us (ultrasound) to a few 10s of milliseconds (NMR). I want to store each pulse separately so I can post-process the data file later in Matlab or whatever. However, the SCOPE limit in the GUI is 100. Can this be increased to 256?  If not, do the python scripting tools allow this kind of function to be created. Related to this, when the output sampling rate drops, how was data decimated? Was the original 100 Msps just averaged?

4 answers to this question

Hi @greig

For lower acquisition rates you can select for each channel to do Decimate or Averaging:
i5.png.7feffc1a01f3068ea9756593f4784637.png

The number of PC buffers can be specified here:i4.thumb.png.b317b935a042d57db428d78ac4381107.png

You can use the Scope/Logging tool, or Script, or custom application to store the acquisitions.

See the related post:

To reduce the gap between acquisition uncheck the Noise under Time. This will prevent the reading of noise buffer from the device.
i6.png.962486a0944d62d48d0f1511410b59cf.png

Is there any documentation of the AD2 PCB board layout.  I am interested in hacking into the IC31 (DSC1101) 20 MHz clock signal.  I would like to attempt to 1) tap into this signal to use as a frequency reference for an auxiliary PLL frequency synthesizer and 2) perhaps instead allow a separate 20 MHz source to be injected.  I have a few of the AD2's and would accept all warranties null and void for this.  Thanks to the other info, I have a test bench setup with synthetic MRI data being detected by a quadrature Low IF downconverter with the AD2 scope 1 digitizing the data.  I would like to tap this signal to allow the digitization to be phase synchronous with a common clock.

Archived