How to recover flash contnet in QSPI Zybo

diya-

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased zybo kit ZC7010 and by mistake i erased QSPI flash.

Can you please provide steps to flash the image in QSPI.

So please let me know where i can download the u-boot and other images for this Zybo kit. such that set up is same as earlier.

I am newbie to this .

9 answers to this question

Hi @diya-,

Is it late for you if you'll receive it on Monday? We have some demo projects on Zybo Wiki page along with tutorials but the image that was loaded in factory I believe is a bit different. Meanwhile you can take a look here:https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo/start?redirect=1 

Best regards,

Bianca

Hi,

I have gone through the link, It only shares information about how to flash SDK project in qspi or other external memory.

But i want to know how to recover qspi flash boot because i dint erase the qspi flash i just changed the environmental variables to boot my customized kernel and devicetree image. Once i gave "saveenv" command and rebooted the kit, qspi failed to boot .

This looks strange as changing the environmental variables affect qspi boot.

Hi,

Please let me know how this sd boot will help me in recovering Qspi boot.

I created boot partition and copied Boot.bin and root filesystem uramdisk.image.gz from sd tar .

Changed the jumper settings to sd boot mode, but dint  boot from sd .

Hi,

SD boot works after changing the environmental image to uImage , devicetree.dtb . And also it has reprogrammed Qspi flash your sd qspi images.

But i dint able to get into sd root login. Attached log,

Also please let me know how it programs the Qspi flash . Any scripts to program flash than using xilinx sdk method ?

sd.log

On 16/5/2017 at 3:37 PM, Bianca said:

You have here attached a zip file that contains the flash image. You have to boot this from your SD card.

Hi,

Please let me know whether i need to change or configure any parameter in u-boot to make it read and boot uImage.

I am getting "wrong image format " message during sd boot

With Your images, sd and qspi boot works fine .

I built the kernel uImage using below command,

petalnux-package --image -c kernel --format uImage.

Hi @diya-,

Our embedded Linux engineer has not been able to look into your questions as of yet. They will be able to respond to you questions in the next couple of days. I am very sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. 

thank you for your patience,

Jon

On 5/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, diya- said:

Hi,

SD boot works after changing the environmental image to uImage , devicetree.dtb . And also it has reprogrammed Qspi flash your sd qspi images.

But i dint able to get into sd root login. Attached log,

Also please let me know how it programs the Qspi flash . Any scripts to program flash than using xilinx sdk method ?

sd.log

I don't know if it will work with a petalinux uImage, uboot has to be configured to work with a certain Linux kernal and linux kernel format (uImage, zImage,etc.). The one that we provided to you is a custom Linux kernel and userspace build primarily for testing certain functionalities of the zybo and programming the QSPi with the demo Linux image. In conclusion the SD Linux image was never meant to be accessible with a username or a login.

Regarding on how we did the programming of the QSPI, all of the code you are looking for is in the uramdisk, although I have not tried it yet myself I imagine that you can unpack the uramdisk and read the code using this methode:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+and+Modify+a+Rootfs

If you want to start working with Linux on the zybo and want to build your own userspace and kernel you should follow this tutorial: http://www.instructables.com/id/Embedded-Linux-Tutorial-Zybo/

Although it's not up to date it's a good starting point for doing it yourself

I hope this helps,

Cipi

Archived