Routing and component placement for PmodAD1

Palak Jain

Question

Hi all:

I have used PmodAD1 successfully with zedboard. Now I am planning to integrate the pmod on the single PCB with CMOD A7. I got the schematic for Pmod AD1 through Digilent resource centre. Thanks for it. However, It will be really appreciated if you can share the top layer and bottom layer layout (PCB document) to get it working at the first time with CMOD A7.

Thanks,

Palak

3 answers to this question

Dear Palak

I am not sure that PCB production files for Pmods are open source (public) materials.

The Pmod AD1 has very simple circuit diagram and layout which can be easily replicated. My advice to use the same component placement and then run autoroute. Footprints are standard. In result you will have the full design set, documentation and satisfaction from professionally done project.

Good luck!

Hi @Palak Jain,

Unfortunately, we cannot give out these files. The design for the PmodAD1 is fairly simple though, if you follow the Pmod layout guidelines posted and use good decoupling and analog/digital ground isolation you should be fine. Most all of the circuitry is on the bottom layer, easily seen with the naked eye.

cheers,

Jon

Archived