Analog Discovery 2 ERC: 0x2 in Windows, but not Mac

ibutter

Question

Hi,

I was successfully running my AD2 using WaveForms in mac, and also on a virtual Windows 10 machine on the same MacBook Pro (through Parallels).

I didn't change anything that I know of, but now I get an "ERC: 0x2" error trying to initialize the device in windows, yet perfect performance in mac.

(I'm ensuring that the device is appearing properly in windows through the parallels USB switching function)

Has anyone seen this before? any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

3 answers to this question

Hi @ibutter,

This is the right section to post on for issues with you AD2. Our experienced forum members will be able to answer you question better than I. While looking through the forums i found this thread that says that this error indicates communication loss with the device internal FPGA, probably this loses power.  Could your Parallels setup be limiting the amount of power you usb is providing? Here is a link to the troubleshooting USB Devices in Parallels Desktop for Mac site that might help with this issue.

cheers,

Jon

Thanks for the suggestions @jpeyron

To add detail, things that I tried and didn't work in VM Windows, but did in Mac:

• Detaching all wiring from the AD2
  • Using an external power supply
  • Using a powered USB hub
  • Ensuring the parallels settings were correct for the USB device
  • Restarting everything
  • Ensuring macbook was on mains power
  • Changing usb cables
  • Switching USB 3.0 support on and off in parallels

But I am happy to report that it randomly started working again.. well, I'd be little happier if I knew why...

I'm still interested if anyone has a theory.

thanks

Archived