Questions about Using Analog Shield with pcduino/arduino mini pro

trungmanhhuynh

Question

Hi all, 

I have just bought an Analog Shield. In the references, it is said that Analog Shield board is compatible with Arduino Uno and ChipKIT. 

Is it possible if I want to use Analog Shield with Arduino mini pro (8Mhz, 5V) or Pcduino ? 

If yes, is there anything should I consider ?

I would very appreciate  if anyone can help me understand more clearly. 

Thank you very much

7 answers to this question

Hi trungmanhhuynh,

The Analog Shield is designed to plug into the top of the system board, such as the Arduino Uno or a chipKIT board. As such, it will not physically be able to plug into the Arduino mini pro due to both the incorrect size and the lack of pins available on the Arudino mini pro. You may be able to run individual wires from the mini pro to the appropriate pins on the Analog Shield, but I haven't looked into it.

The Pcduino claims that it has Arduino compatible headers, so you may be able to plug the Analog Shield on top of it, but I would double check that the pins on the Pcduino and the Arduino match exactly.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

JColvin

Thanks for your reply. 

Another the question is do you have the library for Analog Shield in pcduino. I dont think the current library will work on pcduino.

If you dont have, could you give me some references, materials, turtorials, anything that helps me build SPI communication between them. 

I find that there are lack of resources and codes on the web for pcduino  now.

Thank you.

Hi trungmanhhuynh,

Since Digilent does not make the pcduino, we do not have any libraries that specifically support it.

All of the communication with the Analog Shield to the host board over SPI is handled internally by the library code. Any material that we do have for the Analog Shield is available at the bottom of its product page here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

JColvin

Late to the party as ever.  The analogshield library should work with any board supported by the Arduino IDE or MPIDE with very little modification if any.  I am fairly sure the PCduino will not work without extensive work on the AnalogShield library.

All of the communication with the Analog Shield to the host board over SPI is handled internally by the library code. Any material that we do have for the Analog Shield is available at the bottom of its product page here.

I too am trying to get the drivers to work with pcDuino -- however, no luck so far.  My first attempt is to scrub the .h and .cpp files and remove all the other board types from the code.  So far, the software is not compiling and is being somewhat stubborn.

EDIT: the drivers on the "here" page shown above (which takes you to the main page), do not work.  You need to use the drivers that are located here:

https://github.com/mwingerson/analogShield/archive/master.zip

Archived