Arduino Library problem

DrZAP

After installing the Arduino analogShield library, and restarting the IDE, I tried to compile this simple program

#include <analogShield.h>

void setup()
{
}

void loop()
{
}

The compiler returned a bunch of lines like this

../Arduino/libraries/analogShield/analogShield.cpp:314: error: 'SPI_MODE_MASK' was not declared in this scope

as if that the compiler was not recognizing the header file.  Yet it obviously read the header file or it wouldn't know that SPI_MODE_MASK was even a thing.

Any suggestions about how to move forward?

Hi DrZAP,

What board are you using? What version of Adruino IDE are you using? What version of the chipkit core are you using?  Have you tried adding the line:  #include <SPI.h>  to the sketch?
Have you tried the example ino's provided in the analogShield library?

cheers,

Jon

I'm using an official Arduino Uno.

I've tried it on the Arduino IDE versions 1.0.7, and 1.8.0

I'm not using any chipkit core, just the Arduino.

I've tried including the SPI.h header.

I've tried compiling all four example ino files.  They all give the same compilation errors.

Hi DrZAP,

I do not have a UNO but I just uploaded the passthrough ino using the Arduino IDE onto a WF32 with the analogshield with no issues. I would suggest to upgrade to the newest arduino IDE version which i believe is 1.6.13 and make sure you have the most recent upgraded board files for the Uno. PLease let us know if this issue persists.

cheers,

Jon 

@DrZAP,

I'm wondering if you need to rebuild your ~/Arduino/libraries directory--that perhaps it has remained across re-installs, etc., and that your problem is to be found there.

Dan

(P.S.  I'm not an Arduino master--I've only fired up the IDE a couple of times, and I still haven't had the chance to program my WF32 yet ...)

Archived