mazdarx2001

Question

I attached an accessory board "myDigital" to the myDAQ just to power the board. I don't have any drivers on the computer to run the myDAQ right now, but I wanted to just power up the accessory board and use the buttons, switches and digtal power. I am not getting any power over 2 Volts. I plugged the usb into a computer and then a usb wall plug. Both times the light on the myDAQ goes on, but I can't seem to access the power when I plug in the myDigital! any help?

I have check that the accessory board is firmly plugged into the myDAQ,

UPDATE: I used a 15V power supply to use the myDigital accessory board as a stand alone. I measured voltage across the GND and VEXT in the upper right and got 15.2V (this is obviously the raw source voltage). Then between GND and VREG I get 4.96V (some sort of regulated voltage to 5V). Then between GND and +5V, NOTHING!  What could I be doing wrong? I checked this out on another board brand new out of the box and nothing!

1 answer to this question

Hi Mazdarx2001,

What version of the myDigital do you have? You can find the version on the bottom of the board. Looking at the schematic for the Rev E it shows that the VEXT and VREG are the only power pins that do not come from the myDAQ connector. So you would need to look at the myDAQ user manual/schematic to see what power pins pass through the myDAQ. I got a simular result when connecting a myDAQ without having it active. Without looking through the myDAQ manual/schematic I would guess that you would need to download and be using labview to use the +5V pin. Hope this helps.

thank you,

Jon

Archived