Analog Discovery 2 ubuntu 16.04 connectivity waveforms/waveforms 2015

mwso

Question

Hello,

I have an Analog Discovery 2 that I am trying to connect to my system running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have successfully installed all the supporting software (the adept utilities and runtime) and waveforms 2015. All the software opens fine when my device is not connected, but when I plug in my Analog Discovery 2 and try to run any of the adept utilities or waveforms 2015 (i have also attempted this with waveforms) the software either suffers from a segmentation fault, or crashes. I have tried reinstalling things and using the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version with no success. At this point I'm at a loss of what to do, the only theory I have is that they have yet to update the Linux versions of the software for the current LTS release of Ubuntu. I want to know if anyone else is having this issue, whether or not they solved it, and the steps taken to resolve this issue. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

hello,

First, thanks both of you for responding quickly. I read ballessay's response in the link both of you responded with and I'm not entirely sure how you go about rebuilding libc to fix this. The first thing I noticed is that I do not have a /lib/libc or /lib/glibc but instead i have what appears to be a .so file for klibc in my /lib/ directory. So I did a little research and klibc seems to be a minimal version of glibc. I'm not sure what to do next without potentially creating collateral damage so I'm going to ask you what I should do. 

As far as my CPU, I have an i7-6700.

Thanks!

Hi @mwso,

I experienced the same problem.  @ballessay's fix worked for me.  I too had some challenges rebuilding glibc on Ubuntu 16.04.1, but I did eventually figure out how to make it work.  I've just added some additional details on rebuilding glibc in that other thread.  Please let me know if it works for you or if you need clarification on anything.

Chris

Archived