cant see output channels in InstaCal for my DAQ 2408-2AO

Erin

Question

I have been able to get my DAQ-2408-2AO working and can measure thermocouple inputs in a labview VI, but I can only see the analog input channels both in both  InstCal and Labview.

So I cannot configure my output channels in InstaCal so I can create a PID in Labview.

Why is there not an analog output channel tab?

image.png.130bc2561c6baac37e3a3b272965b397.png

4 answers to this question

This product is absolute crap, do not buy the MCC USB-2408-2AO.

The claim is that it is compatible with NI Labview, lol.

First, you have to download the ULx for NI Labview and the InstaCal software.

Then, I still could not see the  the ULx library in Labview, so could not use the DAQ, so after much back and forth and waiting for a response from the forum, I was told that the "ULx.mnu file needed to be downloaded into the specific folders. I was lucky to find this file.

oh, by the way, the USB-2408-2AO is not supported by NI-MAX, NI-DAQmx, NIDAQExpress, surprise?

Now I cannot get InstaCal to detect the output channels and so cannot use this DAQ for the intended use.

I am now returning this device and will make sure that I tell everyone that I come in contact with to not use MCC devices.

NO technical support, yeah, that is crappy.

Hello @Erin.

The analog output channels, on a USB-2408-2AO, are not configured in InstaCal.  The analog output throughput is system dependent at a 1000 S/s/#ch max; no hardware output streaming is supported.

To use the USB-2408-2AO with LabVIEW, the target system must have the Universal Library for NI LabVIEW installed.  Refer to the reference page for documentation and example projects.  Please note that NI-MAX, NI-DAQmx, NIDAQExpress do not support this device.

Regards,

Fausto

This product is NOT capable of doing what it was claimed to do.

The MCC USB-2408-2AO

The claim is that it is compatible with the software from National Instruments (NI) Labview, has 8 analog input channels and 2 analog output channels.

First, you have to download the ULx for NI Labview and the InstaCal software, both from MCC (Measurement Computing Corp.) so that you can use portions of the functions of Labview .

After weeks of attempts with a highly qualified electronic engineer (colleague), I still could not see the ULx library in Labview, so I could not use the DAQ.

MCC does not have phone in tech support, just a forum. This is really crappy.

So, after much back and forth and waiting for a response from the forum, I was told that the "ULx.mnu file needed to be downloaded into the specific folders inside NI Labview. I was given a link to the missing file on the forum.

Then I found out that the USB-2408-2AO is NOT supported by NI-MAX, NI-DAQmx, NI DAQExpress. This means that it is not compatible with any parts of the Labview software that control the DAQ.

I was able to get the device working with analog input signals only, but I cannot get InstaCal to detect the output channels and so cannot use this DAQ for the intended use, with a PID control loop.

NI Max only works for NI products What is NI MAX, even through MCC is owned by NI, the company was purchased and the drivers work separately. 

As for the Installation application for ULx drivers for labview are definitely with a bug that needs to be addressed by Digilent, there are enough leads on this forum to justify a correction on the Installation file. 

Once it's installed the drivers show a warning message referring to a misplaced file originally developed in LabVIEW 8.5, considering the current version is 2024, it's clear that the install application requires an update.