FMC FRU is empty?

Antti

Question

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi Antti,

I have escalated this issue to one of our engineers. Is there anything else that you can think to add about the situation to help us troubleshoot this?

thank you,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I think there is nothing to add the EEPROM on the FMC card seems to be just blank empty and we have a customer trying to use the FMC card on rather high end high value VCU108, and the customer wants to to buy more of the HDMI FMC cards, but the missing blank EEPROM makes big problems for him.

There are open tools to generate the FMC EEPROM info, but if the customer has to "make up" some fake content for digilent FMC card, well it would be better if digilent could provide the image and some help how to write it to the FMC EEPROM - well on VCU108 this may not be possible, so well on some other FMC carrier the update could be made at the client also.

Hello Antti,

The FMC-HDMI IPMI EEPROM is programmed during manufacturing, so the blank EEPROM sounds implausible. However, there is a known issue in our FRU record relating to voltages.

According to the documentation, the VCU108 can be forced to set a particular VADJ voltage for the FMC connector, which is the workaround I recommend on the short-term. See https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vcu108/ug1066-vcu108-eval-bd.pdf#M6.9.84194.Heading2.FMC.Menu.Options

If the customer is willing, we can provide a new EEPROM image for the FMC-HDMI, that can be programmed in the field. We could design the programmer for the VCU108, or any other board (preferably from Digilent) available.

will this "known issue" with Digilent FMC FRU EEPROM be fixed with the new shipment of the HDMI FMC card?

The customer is using the menu to FORCE the VADJ, but this is not a solution, he can not stand at the 7 systems all day and manually confogure the VCU108 each time power is applied!

New EEPROM image would be very good!

Archived