Nexys 2 SDK Program Flash doesn't work

ireon

Question

Hello I have got a Nexys 2 FPGA and I don't manage to program the flash from the SDK. I always get the same error:

Flash Programming Failed

Reason:

In system programmer reported an error: Unable to successfully query target part layout using CFI!

What is the problem?

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply I read these tutorials but the problem is that "Program Flash" command doesn't work and so it's impossible to execute a bootloader with the desired application. Nobody seems to have a solution and there aren't tutorial for the nexys 2.

@ireon,

Did you manage to get your problem solved?  If not, I can point you towards some other solutions to programming a QSPI flash on a Xilinx board--solutions you may find more open to trouble shooting than Xilinx or Digilent's proprietary code.  I have one example written for an CMod S6, another written for the Arty, but in general they use the same interface--although the two flash controllers are subtly different.  (I say the same interface, although the CMod controller uses a DEPP digilent parallel interface, and the Arty uses a UART interface for transporting instructions to the board--still, the flash functions are nearly the same.)  Indeed, I think the CMod controller probably comes the closest to what you are looking for.  Both examples also include programs (here, or here) that read ELF files and program the flash appropriately.  (You may need to adjust the address translation appropriately ..)

Let me know if you are interested in this solution, and I can guide you through any steps you might need to adjust them for your board,

Dan

Archived