MCC-USB-2408-2AO not detected in Labview 2023 with Windows 11

Erin

Question

Hello,

I have purchased the USB-2408-2AO, and could not get it to be detected in NI Max or Labview 2023. It was detected in InstaCal only. I downloaded the InstaCal, and ULx for Labview (tried 2023, 2024, CD version) but still could not get the DAQ to be detected in NIMax or Labview. In fact the ULx was not detected in Labview 2023 Q3. I was very disappointed. I was running Windows 11 and from what I can read the USB-2408-2AO is compatible with Windows 11. From what I can read, the ULx is still not compatible with Labview 2023 or Windows 11. Can anyone help. I have resorted to wiping my computer, loading Windows 10 and Labview 2022.

10 answers to this question

Hello @Erin.

MCC daq devices like the USB-2408-2AO are not supported by NI-MAX, NI-DAQmx nor NI DAQExpress.

For MCC daq devices, a user must install InstaCal and then ULx for NI LabVIEW onto a Windows system with LabVIEW already installed.

ULx for NI LabVIEW v2.29 is compatible with NI LabVIEW 2024 (and earlier versions) and Windows 11.

VI example for USB-2408 Series and USB-2416 Series:  https://digilent.com/reference/daq-and-datalogging/documents/usb-2416-usb-2408-with-labview

The generic ULx for NI LabVIEW examples are located in the '...\National Instruments\LabVIEW xxxx\examples\ULx' directory.

Regards,

Fausto

Thanks for the answer, however I did exactly what you said to do which is what was in the manual for the USB2408.

Labview 2023 Q3 was already loaded, then I downloaded InstaCal and ULx for Labview 2023 64-bit (v 2.29), I then plugged in the DAQ device, ran InstaCal, closed instaCal, then opened Labview and looked in the libraries and the ULx was not there.

Don't you think that the user/purchaser should know about the fact that MCC daq devices like the USB-2408 are not supported by NI-MAX, NI-DAQmx nor NI DAQExpress ?

I would not have purchased this device if I had known. I also was very frustrated not having tech support via phone.

I will read your links now, maybe that explains it and I can proceed.

We already figured the DAQ didn’t work with MAX or Daqmx and never will (after self discovery for a few days), the ULx library vi’s are the only way to use this DAQ in labview. The question that needs to be answered is why

ULx isn’t appearing in the user libraries within Labview.

Copy the attached ULx.mnu file into the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\user.lib\ULx" folder and the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\menus\ULx" folder.

Restart LabVIEW and verify 'ULx for NI LabVIEW' appears in the User Libraries palette.

image.png

ULx.mnu

Regards,

Fausto

So we added the menu and can see the ULx in Labview. The issue is we cannot see any physical channels on the "create channel VI". For example, we do not see dev1/aio on the pull down menu in the browsing window so we cannot add any channels and cannot read the DAQ.

The MCC USB-2408-2AO device must be detected in InstaCal before using LabVIEW.  Be sure to close InstaCal before launching LabVIEW.

For the Load Warning Summary window, select the Ignore button to use the vi example.  Reference this example as a basis for your custom vi.