PMD -1208LS Giving 'min bipolar offset code reached' during calibration

Charlotte G

Question

When I try to calibrate the PMD-1208 LS on InstaCal, it gives the 'min bipolar offset code reached' error code, claiming that the calibration is incomplete. However, when I test the board in when connected to a battery (through InstaCal/Scanview), the proper voltage difference shows up, so the PMD must work. What does this error code mean and how can I fix it? I am ultimately trying to get the PMD to work on LabVIEW.image.png.85ec72eb0e8692fe4e52c0b453ad3c0f.png

3 answers to this question

If signal wires are attached, remove them and repeat the calibration. If no wires are attached, a problem was reported back when Windows 10 was new: the calibration process fails on Windows 10 but works on Windows 7. This issue was determined to be due to outdated firmware. Unfortunately, the PMD-1208LS can not be updated without replacing the PROM chip. 

If I got the device to work on LabVIEW, and it seems to measure a decently accurate voltage difference based on a 1.5 V battery, will the lack of calibration be a problem? Is it essential that I buy a new device / will no calibration greatly impact the results of my experiment?