Need Demo program for USB-1608-G

Mike R

Question

I Have a USB-1608G and I want to find and run C# code to read the analog value of one channel.

I can run DAQami to read and see my analog input values, so I know everything is connected.

I downloaded MCC software and loaded VIn01.cs into Visual Studio where it compiles and runs.

I changed the range to Uni5Volts and selected channel 0.

When I press the start button I get the error message: Specified USB Board Not Detected

Is this the correct demo program to use? If not, can you tell me what I can use?

Thank You,
Mike

7 answers to this question

The USB-1608G has bipolar ranges only. Use Bip5Volts and Bip10Volts. There are two other ranges the example does not account for, and they are Bip1Volts and Bip2Volts.

I do believe you are incorrect and must be referring to another product, not the USB-1608G. The documentation indicates that I can read a single-ended, ground-based input. When I use the DAQami utility, I can select Differential OR single-ended. I verified that the voltage shown with that program is correct by comparing with an external voltmeter. My problem is that it says:
"Specified USB Board Not Detected". It is not even getting to the measurement part of the program. Am I using the correct program for this device?

Setting the inputs to Single-Ended cannot be accomplished by setting the range to Uni5Volts. There is a separate function, DaqBoard.AInputMode(AInputMode.Single-Ended). I've modified the Vin01 C# example to include an input mode selection to demonstrate what I mean and attached it below. 

VIn01.zip

The maximum channel number seems to be 7. I need to have 16 single ended inputs. Can the program be changed to accept up to channel 15? I am able to do that in the DAQami utility.