USB-TEMP UL Error 6

shouyuan

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi MCC Staff, 

I recently purchased several USB-TEMP and trying to program them using the universal library. But when running the examples e.g. AIn, DIn or TIn, it showed can find DAQ devices at beginning, then upon connecting, got Error 6 and says device not found. 

Obviously but I still tried the python script t_in.py and got the same. 

I previously had several USB-1808X and all worked well or as expected (when running TIn it says The specified DAQ device does not have a temperature channel, instead of Error 6 not found) on the same host computer. 

We bought these USB-TEMP devices referred from https://files.digilent.com/manuals/UL-Linux/c/temp.html saying they support UL C/Python programming. 

(py3) ➜  examples ./TIn
Found 2 DAQ device(s)
  [0] USB-1808X: (021BBE8E)
  [1] USB-TEMP: (021639ED)

Please select a DAQ device, enter a number between 0 and 1: 1

Connecting to device USB-TEMP - please wait ...
Error Code: 6 
Error Message: Device not found 

Edited by shouyuan
typos

4 answers to this question

You should have gotten results when using d_in.py or t_in.py on Linux. If you can access a Windows computer, test it using the InstaCal utility. Otherwise, it seems to be defective. In this case, use the forum's private message feature to send me the following information: serial number, purchase or sales order number, and contact information. I will let our customer service department know you need a replacement.

Thanks for the reply! 

You should have gotten results when using d_in.py or t_in.py on Linux. 

I want to first confirm 1) the USB-TEMP is supported to work with UL-C/Python as specs page says, 2)  what I saw is not expected. I won't use it in Windows for certain reason so InstaCal results doesn't help. 

If we can confirm this being not expected I'll open all other devices and check, and move on replace the defective ones. 

3 hours ago, JRys said:

You should have gotten results when using d_in.py or t_in.py on Linux. 

Did you mean this? It doesn't work. If I understood correctly the UL-python depends on the UL-C?

(py3) ➜  examples python t_in.py 
Found 1 DAQ device(s):
  [0] USB-TEMP (021639ED)

Please select a DAQ device, enter a number between 0 and 0: 0

Connecting to USB-TEMP - please wait...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<personal folder>/mccdaq/uldaq-1.2.3/examples/t_in.py", line 195, in <module>
    main()
  File "<personal folder>/mccdaq/uldaq-1.2.3/examples/t_in.py", line 96, in main
    daq_device.connect(connection_code=0)
  File "/opt/homebrew/Caskroom/miniforge/base/envs/py3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/uldaq/daq_device.py", line 136, in connect
    raise ULException(err)
uldaq.ul_exception.ULException: 6: Device not found

This is correct. First, the C support is installed, and then the Python support can be added. However, your driver is installed because it would have found the USB-TEMP if it wasn't.

The USB-TEMP is supported with the ULDaq Linux driver.