Analog output speed control of USB-1608GX-2AO and USB-1208FS-Plus

QiwenSheng

Question

I would like to use python to control the analog output of USB-1608GX-2AO and USB-1208FS-Plus. I called "v_out()" function finding the output speed can only reach around 7 kHz, which is far less than the maximum speed of 1608GX (500k/s)and 1208Fs (50k/s). Is there any way to set the analog output speed? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Please take a look at the a_out_scan.py example. It demonstrates how to output a data buffer at rates as high as 500k S/s for the USB-1608GX-2AO. The USB-1208FS-Plus can output data at rates up to 50k S/s.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your help. I checked "a_out_scan.py" but it looks that I need to input a bunch of data into the buffer first and then the 1608GX could output data at a high rate. Am I right?  In my project, I need to control the analog output in real time with rates up to 10 kHz or higher, which means that I need to call "a_out_scan" function 10 k times or even higher within a second. Is it possible to achieve this capability using the 1608GX? Thanks a lot.

Edited by QiwenSheng

a_out_scan can output a buffer at rates up to 500k S/s. The buffer can be updated while it's running, but using it will not result in faster asynchronous updates. In your original post, I mistook 7k for 7; I'm sorry. You might be able to squeeze out a bit more speed if you switch to a_out instead of v_out. The a_out function takes 16-bit integers where zero is -10, and 65535 is +10 volts.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your suggestions. Do you have any other products can achieve usb programmable high speed analog output to meet my requirements? Thanks.  

Edited by QiwenSheng