DASYLab 12 Installation runtime error

Jonas_moe

Question

Hello, 

I need to install DASYLab 12 for a project of my University.

After I run the StartCD.exe and want to install the program I get the runtime error, showed in the Screenshot.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks and regards

Jonas

Screenshot 2024-05-24 115634.png

5 answers to this question

Hello @Jonas_moe.

The following forum post lists the DASYLab release versions and compatible Windows OS.

Which Windows OS version are you using?

If using an older version of Windows, install any outstanding Windows updates/patches before attempting the DASYLab installation again.

If unsuccessful, attempt to install DASYLab v12 on a different Windows system.

Regards,

Fausto

13 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Hello @Jonas_moe.

The following forum post lists the DASYLab release versions and compatible Windows OS.

Which Windows OS version are you using?

If using an older version of Windows, install any outstanding Windows updates/patches before attempting the DASYLab installation again.

If unsuccessful, attempt to install DASYLab v12 on a different Windows system.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

thanks for the reply.

I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 on it.

My fellow students with windows 10/11 can run the exact same version.

My prof also had an older DasyLab 10 version. That one works, but unfortunately I’ll need to use the version 12.

Hello @Jonas_moe.

From the Windows Taskbar's Search field, enter appwiz.cpl to open Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features.  Click the Publisher header to sort the list.  Scroll to Microsoft Corporation.  Does it list the Microsoft Visual C++ {year} x86 Redistributable program and if so what is the version?  If it is not listed, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999 and click the Download button.  Next, select the file ‘vcredist_x86.exe’ (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86).  Download this file to your computer.  Close DASYLab and the Configurator before launching the installation.  Do not attempt to install DASYLab v12 yet. 

image.png

Scroll to National Instruments.  Does the list show any DASYLab entries?

If a DASYLab entry is listed and you cannot access that application, uninstall DASYLab.

Restart your laptop and then attempt to install DASYLab v12.

If the Microsoft Visual C++ {year} x86 Redistributable program was listed and DASYLab was not, then download, save, and install DASYLab the current version.  Are there any issues installing and running the current version on that laptop?  If not, then attempt to install DASYLab v12.  However, if you cannot install the current version of DASYLab on that Windows 11 system, consider using a different Windows system.  The installation behavior of DASYLab is not typical and that particular system may have some unknown software security installation settings preventing the installation of DASYLab.

Regards,

Fausto