Vivado Linux Zybo FPGA Programming

krbvroc1

Question

I am using Vivado under Linux host and have been doing the tutorial both from the followwing link:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-getting-started-with-zynq/start

as well as the Zynq Book Tutorial.

I am unable to program the FPGA. I keep getting an error that it could not find the FPGA device - check the cable.

After long searches on the Xilinx forums and release notes, apparently I have to goto <Vivado installation dir>/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers and run an install_drivers script (as root). There was absolutely no mention of this on the Digilent getting started page. After doing this, the device showed up and I was able to proceed. I am posting this here for others as well as hoping the getting started page would be updated with this information.

1 answer to this question

HI Krbvroc1,

I am sorry to hear you had issues getting xilinx to see your device. I'm under the impression that we will be updating some of our content to help with linux users and some of the more common issues. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when we will be doing this.Thank you for your suggestions. 

thank you,

Jon

Archived