USB-3101fs

quan

Question

Hi,

I have a USB-3101fs that I have been using for a while to send analog command to a device.

However, after some use ch0 of the device is unable to regulate it own output. I have tried to switch to the other channel and ch1-3 is still working well.

I tried to measure the current and saw that while ch1-3 only drive ~44uA while ch0 is drive ~0.03mA which let me to think that ch0 has somehow damaged. However, the datasheet stated that the maximum current drive is 1mA per channel.

3 answers to this question

Please connect a 10k ohm resistor across the output and set it to 10 volts. If the channel is in working order, there should be 10 volts at the output. If it's genuinely putting out only 0.03mA, you'll get less than half of the volt. It can be repaired if need be. Let me know...

I tried with a 10kOhm resistor across the output. When I set the output to 10V, I able to measure a 10V across ch0. However, when setting to -10V, I only able to measure to -9.12 and voltage slowly go down -8.75V. I don't see this symptom from ch1-3.

If you want to send it in for repair, use the Forum's private message feature and send me the serial number, contact information, and order details, such as the sales order number. Do you know if it's more than a year old?