Importing file into wavegen

mazurkiewicz

Question

I imported the same .csv file, containing a signal in a single column, into the waveform's scope window and into wavegen. The generated signal is different than the reference signal, even though the data in the file import dialog window matches it exactly.

I struggle to locate the source of my problem and any hint, explanation or link to a resource would be appreciated.

Thank you.

different signals.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @mazurkiewicz,

I would recommend that during import you double check the sample rate and offset that is being applied, both on import and on generation

I noticed that when I was testing this for myself (in this case with a random modulated signal that I externally looped back, recorded as .csv and then converted each sample back into volts before importing), the sample rate would be inaccurate as well as the amplitude that the WaveForm generator was using after I imported the signal.
I suspect the amplitude is the key issue here seeing how the Wavegen signal on the histogram is neatly between -1 V and +1 V.

I didn't spend too much time getting an ideal import setup, but after I scaled signals to match and time shifted the measured Wavegen after running the waveform a single time, I got a much better result:

image.png

Some data does not seem to match precisely, but I am uncertain if this is simply because of some LSB resolution, or a different reason.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin