I need 3D models, step files, for parts USB104 A7 and 410-310. If step files are not available, then I could use a drawing of the outline and mounting. I am designing a test set and need models.

krb

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi @krb,

Digilent does not have .step files for these two devices, though I have asked for a dimension drawing of the USB104 A7 in terms of the dimensions and mounting holes.

With regards to the Pmod RS485, I measured the following details with a pair of digital calipers (dimensions units will change based on what the logical result is):

• Width of PCB: 0.8 inches
  • Length of PCB: 1.5 inches
  • The Pmod pins extend 6 mm beyond the edge of the PCB
  • The four screw terminals do not extend beyond the edge of the PCB and are flush with the three edges of the PCB (so 0.8 inches in width)
  • The screw terminals have a depth of of 7.5 mm
  • The screw terminals have a height of 10 mm
  • The PCB is 1.63 mm thick
  • The longest through hole on the underside of the PCB (from the screw terminals) extends 2 mm beyond the bottom of the PCB

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @krb,

For the Pmod RS485, there are no mounting holes, only the four screw terminals. The terminals themselves all appear to be 3 mm in diameter with a 5 mm pitch between them.

The Pmod is 13.63 mm in height at the most (2 mm + 1.63 mm + 10 mm).

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks.  I talked with my Chief Engineer.  It looks like our best option is to order the part to make sure we know what we have.

Thanks for your help.

REF:  PART USB104 A7.

You did a great job telling me the size of410-310.  I now need the length, width and height of USB104 A7 and the mounting hole size and locations, please.

Hi @krb,

I haven't heard back regarding getting mechanical dimensions on the USB107 A7 as of yet, but I figured the USB104 A7 would likely require more precise dimensions sourced from design files (that I don't have access to) rather than just some engineer measuring various details with a pair of calipers like I did for the Pmod RS485.

My understanding is that the USB104 A7 should adhere to the PC/104 mechanical specifications, at least with regards to the length, width, and location of the mounting holes.

I will follow up with our layout engineer today to see if they can procure some more details before they are out for the week.

Thanks,
JColvin