Issues connecting two DBK90 to a DaqBook/2000

S M Tanveer Mahtab

Question

I'm trying to connect two DBK90 in series (using male/female P1 connector) with DaqBook/2000 (using DB37 cable). One DBK90 is working fine with the Daqbook. I used the correct channel address for the DBK90. When I connected the second DBK90, the second one seemed deactivated in the DaqView software and didn't read any thermocouple. Please help me to resolve this issue. Also, do I need to use the mounting for the DBK90? Currently, they are just sitting next to each other.

6 answers to this question

A 37-pin ribbon cable connects the DBK90 to the P1 port on the DaqBook/2000. Because there is a male and a female connector, a second unit can be connected using a ribbon cable between the two DBK90. If you mount the two back to back, the hardware bracket is recommended for a good connection. 

The DBK604 and DBK605 are connector panels for the DBK60 box, which can hold up to three DBK cards. Open the box to view the cards and their jumper addresses. The box with thermocouple connectors most likely has three DBK82. The other box could have any number of cards, so you need to look for their identities besides the address jumper.  Some boards have jumpers and switches to set the address, so you will need the user manuals. The best way to find the user manual is with a Google search or browse https://files.digilent.com/#manuals/