Readback AnalogOut

StefKay

Question

In Waveforms I can enable the WaveGen channel and display the AnalogOut in parallel with the AnalogIn channels (Tested with AD3 and EclypseZ7).

Now I try to do that with the SDK, but somehow I cannot figure out, how to read the AnalogOut. No problem to read the AnalogIn channels, but i did not figure out yet, how to readback the AnalogOut channels

Any Hint, where in the doc/examples I can see, how to readback the AnalogOut?

Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Hi @StefKay

The channel indices up to 2x are Filter channels and the following ones are Wavegen digital readbacks.
Like AD3 has two real channels + 2 filter channels + 2 AWG readbacks. Indices 0 and 1 are for the scope channels, 2 and 3 are for the filter channels, 4 and 5 are for wavegen readbacks.
The EcplyseZ7 and ADP3X50 has additional readback for FM/PM and AM/SUM nodes.

Enable these with FDwfAnalogInChannelEnableSet. Note, the device capture memory is shared between the enabled (1,2,4,8) channels so the depth decreases as more are enabled.
Like AD3 with the first default configuration has a total of 32k samples buffer. Having one channel enabled you get 32k sample, with 2 enabled 16kS/channel, with 3 or 4 8kS/ch and with 5 or 6 4kS/ch.
The sample applies for EcplyseZ7 and ADP3X50 having 256M and 128M sample memory.