What software and DAQs do I need for measuring 32 channels of RTDs + 32 channels of TCs?

RussTE

Question

I have 1x USB-TEMP and 1x TC-32. I have 64 sensors I want to read from simultaneously, 32 RTDs + 32 TCs. Currently I am using DAQami to interface with the devices. I am able to have both devices show up in the software, with the TC-32 reading from all 32 TCs and the USB-TEMP only reading 8 of the 32 RTDs.

I am wondering if I just need to buy more USB-TEMP devices to be able to measure from the other RTDs, or if that will require different devices/software entirely. I am aware of the DASYLab software which is also supported by these devices, and there are 4 versions of it. If any of those versions would help, let me know.

3 answers to this question

You can add more USB-TEMPs and use DAQami. But if you want one file with 64 channels, use DASYLab BASIC. You have too many channels for DASYLab LITE. DASYLab modules are limited to 16 channels, which limits the number you can write to file. To get around the limitation, the Multiplexer module can take up to 16 inputs and output them as a single stream. Connect this output to a Data Write module, and, in the setting, configure the number of channels coming in on that input. When properly configured, the Data Write unpacks channels to be written to a file.

So, are you saying that I can have 64 channels using DAQami but just not be able to save properly? Do I need DASYLab basic to show all 64 channels at once? I will start by ordering more USB-TEMPs, since it seems that I will be able to use those in either case. Thanks.

Neither DAQami nor DASYLab can display 64 channels on a single graph or chart. Instead, 64 channels should be distributed to several DAQami strip charts. You can create additional tab pages to make it easier to navigate multiple charts. When using various devices, DAQami writes the data for each one into a separate file.